Slave Lake, Alberta, CA
|Department||Oil Sands Business Unit|
|Reporting to||Mechanical Foreman|
Summary of responsibilities
Working as part of a team environment within our Slave Lake location, the successful candidate will be responsible for the on-going repair and maintenance of all electrical and instrumentation equipment. You will be required to supervise construction contractors when necessary. You possess strong knowledge of high and low voltage switch gear, motor controls, Modicon PLC’s, VFDs, along with other analytical and instrumentation equipment associated with pipeline operations. The incumbent will also be required to perform a variety of pipeline operation duties when required. Performing various assignments related to health, safety and the environment in compliance with company standards would also be required.
We are looking for a pleasant mature individual with a teamwork attitude, who has strong organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail. This individual must be flexible and adaptable to change, as you will be expected to cross train on a variety of tasks in order to provide relief coverage. Other basic requirements include:
- Provincial Electrical Journeyman Certificate required;
- Provincial Instrumentation Journeyman Certificate is a definite asset
- Experience in pipeline operations and/or heavy oil is preferred;
- Modicon PLC Programming experience;
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and trouble shooting skills;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Safety Courses: TDG, H2S Alive, First Aid would be an asset, but if incomplete, will be provided by company to the successful candidate.
Position requires applicant to reside within 100 kilometers of Slave Lake, Alberta
< < Back