Calgary, Alberta, CA
|Department||Midstream & Marketing Business Unit|
|Profession||Engineering & Technical Services|
|Reporting to||Manager, Engineering|
Summary of responsibilities
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is currently seeking a Project Engineer for our Engineering department in the Midstream Business Unit located in Calgary, Alberta. Reporting to the Manager, Manager, Engineering your responsibilities will include:
- Execute design and construction projects to expand and modify Pembina’s existing Midstream Terminal, which will include the full scope of project management
- Manage multiple projects with various size budgets and scope
- Prepare designs, plans, drawings, bids, and contracts, as well as identify and requisition materials and services
- Manage internal and external resources
- Identify opportunities and create solutions and systems for ongoing maintenance, optimization, and technical challenges of the Business Unit.
- Liaise with Operations staff to provide information and technical analysis
- Regularly travel to field locations throughout Alberta to scope, direct construction of, and commission work.
- A degree in Engineering and be registered with APEGGA, or a technical certificate and be registered with ASET
- A minimum of 7-10 years of project management experience
- Formal project management training would be considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge and working experience with relevant codes, regulatory bodies, and requirements to complete pipeline projects in Alberta
- Technical aptitude for large and small diameter liquids pipelines and pump stations, hydraulics, pumps, tanks, piping, metering, meter proving, pigging, integrity and corrosion management, control, instrumentation, electrical wiring, and SCADA
- Experience with pipeline and pipeline facility construction techniques and practices, and required equipment, materials, contractors and services
- Experience with facilities project execution and consultant coordination
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills are required for the purpose of preparing proposals, letters, emails, legal contracts, technical presentations, consultation, and project reporting
- Commitment to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of Pembina’s work sites and systems.
< < Back